Famous paintings coming to Utah art museum this fall
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Four famous paintings will be showcased in the Utah Museum of Fine Arts beginning this fall.
The Smithsonian American Art Museum announced Monday that Utah is one of five states in the West selected to host works from American painter Georgia O’Keeffe and others as part of a new initiative to share art with smaller cities throughout the United States.
From October 25 until October 4, 2020, visitors can view paintings from O’Keeffe, American painters Thomas Moran and Alma Thomas. A fourth artwork by Mexican painter Diego Rivera will also be on display in a separate project.
Museums in Oregon, Idaho, Nevada and Washington are the other states receiving the artwork.
The museums will contribute their own artwork to a travelling exhibition that will end at the Smithsonian in 2023.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Hazmat spill closes I-15 in Bluffdale
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources