Deseret News Marathon
First run in 1970, the Deseret News Marathon is the oldest road race in Utah and the 4th oldest marathon west of the continental divide. It’s all happening on July 24th, Pioneer Day, and follows the path the Utah pioneers traveled when they first entered the valley.
This day celebrates a part of Utah’s history as pioneers pulled handcarts and drove wagons to seek out a new life. It reminds us of those who came before and settled this area, so that we all could have a home here today.
The full and half marathons begin in Emigration Canyon, descending into downtown Salt Lake where they are welcomed and celebrated by thousands of cheering Utahns. Be part of this exciting Utah tradition. To sign up for the full or half marathon, 10K, or 5K races, visit DeseretNewsMarathon.com.
SelectHealth recognizes the historical celebration and commitment to health that the Deseret News Marathon provides as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Thousands of dead fish are washing up along a California river. It’s because of a…
- President Joe Biden officially cleared to emerge from isolation following rebound Covid-19 case
- Low water levels at Utah Lake cause restrictions for Daybreak
- UPDATE: Flooding, road closures, and power outages in SLC
- Utah company, Lions Not Sheep ordered to cease “made in USA” claims
- UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
- The mysterious companies behind Costco’s Kirkland Signature and Trader Joe’s O’s
- Utah Highway Patrol responds to head-on crash on U.S Highway 6
- Top scientist admits ‘space telescope image’ was actually a slice of chorizo