Savarino scores twice, Real Salt Lake routs Union 4-0
SANDY, Utah (AP) — Jefferson Savarino had two goals and an assist to help Real Salt Lake beat the Philadelphia Union 4-0 on Saturday night.
In the 23rd minute, Savarino ran behind Aaron Herrera’s long ball, trapped it forward to where he could get it first and finished with a left-footed shot. In the 71st, Kyle Beckerman found Savarino open 25 yards from goal and Savarino sent home a one-hopper to double the lead.
Savarino pounced on a defensive miscue in the 81st minute and back-heal flicked to Albert Rusnák, who punched it in to make it 3-0 for Real Salt Lake (9-9-2).
Damir Kreilach finished from close range to cap the scoring in the 89th minute. RSL has won three of its last four.
The Union dropped to 10-6-6.
Today’s Top Stories
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon, doubts it ever flew over Utah
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land