75-year-old woman was killed after cutting tree with chainsaw
West Valley — A 75-year-old woman was killed after a tree fell on her in the Manor Lands area of Summit County yesterday afternoon.
The Summit County Sheriff’s office says she was using a chainsaw to cut down dead trees near her cabin with a scout group to clear out the area. After everyone left she cut a tree which was supporting another dead tree that fell and hit the woman in the head causing fatal injuries.
The scout leader that helped clear out the debris returned to the area after the woman missed a scheduled appointment.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?