Florida woman accused of assault over pizza slice
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities have arrested a woman in Florida who they say tried to attack another woman with a knife when she was denied a slice of pizza.
The St. Augustine Record reports 22-year-old De’Erica Cooks is accused of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill.
The St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office said Cooks became angry after another woman denied her a pizza slice when she asked for one. An offense report says Cooks told the woman “I’m going to cut you” with a steak knife in her hand, and then tried to attack her. Deputies say a man in the house was able to take the knife away from Cooks.
Cooks told investigators she did not remember much. She remained in jail Friday with no attorneys listed in records.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Suspect arrested, one victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Tom Brady announces retirement: ‘I’m retiring for good’
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility