Woman fatally shot in West Valley City; Suspect in custody
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (AP) — Police say a suspect is in custody in connection with a shooting in West Valley City that left one woman dead and a teenage boy injured.
West Valley Police say 38-year-old Jayson Rue Chase has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on suspicion of murder, aggravated assault, felony discharge of a firearm, possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person.
It was unclear Sunday if Chase has a lawyer yet.
Police say it appears the victims were in a car with Chase when shots were fired.
A 15-year-old boy suffered a gunshot wound to a shoulder and 34-year-old woman was dead in the car’s back seat with an apparent gunshot wound to the head.
The names of the dead woman and the wounded teen haven’t been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Utah Naloxone and law enforcement reach milestone in preventing overdose deaths
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- Citing rising RSV cases, Primary Children’s delaying some surgeries