WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (AP) — Police say a suspect is in custody in connection with a shooting in West Valley City that left one woman dead and a teenage boy injured.
West Valley Police say 38-year-old Jayson Rue Chase has been booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on suspicion of murder, aggravated assault, felony discharge of a firearm, possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person.
It was unclear Sunday if Chase has a lawyer yet.
Police say it appears the victims were in a car with Chase when shots were fired.
A 15-year-old boy suffered a gunshot wound to a shoulder and 34-year-old woman was dead in the car’s back seat with an apparent gunshot wound to the head.
The names of the dead woman and the wounded teen haven’t been released.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings