The bodies of two missing brothers found in Strawberry Reservoir
STRAWBERRY RESERVOIR — The bodies of two brothers who went missing when boating on July 8, 2019, were found Sunday at Strawberry Reservoir.
Wasatch Search and Rescue found the bodies of James “Jim” Gardiner, 70, of Salem, and Mark Gardiner, 61, of Pleasant Grove.
On Thursday, searchers found the abandoned boat and called local authorities. Search and rescue crews noted they were unable to identify the owner of the boat.
Wasatch County Sheriff Jared Rigby said he was unsure about what happened to the brothers.
“There was some kind of accident that occurred on the water while they were fishing and they were working to help each other,” said Rigby.
Wasatch Search and Rescue used SONAR technology designed to help look underwater to locate the missing brothers.
Sherrif Rigby noted a lot of people came together and personally thanked the Gardiner family for their efforts. He hopes the end of the search brings the families closure.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash