5 Utah teens hit by drunk driver in Southern California
ANAHEIM, California — Police say a drunk driver hit a car with five Utah teenagers inside over the weekend in Anaheim, California.
The last word was that one of the teenagers is in critical condition with severe brain injuries. The St George News says it’s Cristina Goana, who recently graduated from Pine View High School in St George, and had a full-ride soccer scholarship for college this fall.
A fundraising page for her medical bills says the teens were nearing the end of a trip to Southern California when the crash took place.
Four other 18-year-olds were also taken to the hospital.
A statement from Anaheim Police says they were hit when a man driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs ran a red light and slammed into their car at 11:45 PM Friday night, at the intersection of Manchester and Orangewood Avenue.
*KSLNewsRadio.com does not assure donors who deposit money to the account will see the funds benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police seeking help in locating missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers