4-year-old, parents badly burned in car fire at Saratoga Springs marina
SARATOGA SPRINGS — A 4-year-old girl and her parents have been badly burned in an accident at Pelican Bay Marina in Saratoga Springs.
The family had just hooked up their boat after a day on Utah Lake Saturday when their minivan started having trouble.
That’s when firefighters say the dad took off the car engine cover, put it in the back of the van, and poured gasoline into the carburetor in an effort to restart it. That caused some other gas cans in the back to catch fire, destroying the vehicle.
Two of the couple’s children were able to escape, but the 4-year-old was stuck in her seatbelt, and her parents suffered severe burns in the process of trying to get her out.
The victims are all being treated at the University of Utah Burn Center.
Family and friends are raising funds to help the family cover medical costs.
*KSLNewsRadio.com cannot assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisors and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears
- Supreme Court’s top cases for new term, new Justice Jackson