SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man died Monday afternoon after a car fell on him at an auto parts store and salvage yard in South Salt Lake.
The 50-year-old man, whose name has not yet been released, was removing a transmission from a car at the Pick-n-Pull yard, located at 585 W. 3300 South, according to South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller.
The car was lifted up on supports when it fell, pinning the man underneath, Keller said.
He was taken with critical injuries to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
- Coronavirus: Utah man in isolation after testing positive (pageviews: 1688)
- Church spends nearly $1 billion in humanitarian, welfare aid, leaders say (pageviews: 1502)
- Boys anonymously buy Valentines for every girl in their grade at Farmington Jr High (pageviews: 916)
- Mylar balloon: don't let it go! (pageviews: 822)
- Boy Scouts file for bankruptcy due to sex-abuse lawsuits (pageviews: 801)
- Mike Bloomberg gains 2 Utah campaign co-chairs (pageviews: 735)
- Fugitive, K9 officer killed in officer involved shooting (pageviews: 730)
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out it's from 2004 (pageviews: 678)