Salvage yard car falls on 50 year old man who died from his injuries
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A man died Monday afternoon after a car fell on him at an auto parts store and salvage yard in South Salt Lake.
The 50-year-old man, whose name has not yet been released, was removing a transmission from a car at the Pick-n-Pull yard, located at 585 W. 3300 South, according to South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller.
The car was lifted up on supports when it fell, pinning the man underneath, Keller said.
He was taken with critical injuries to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Utah’s Coordinated Action Plan for Water released this week
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints