The King of Random Grant Thompson went paragliding and was later found dead
ST. GEORGE — Jonathan Grant Thompson, 38, from Hurricane, Utah has died after a paragliding crash near Sand Hollow State Park.
Thompson was reported overdue by a friend and Hurricane police were then able to locate him thanks to the GPS capabilities of his cell phone.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. However, no foul play is suspected.
Thompson operated an extremely popular YouTube channel. “The King of Random” drew millions of people to videos that featured creative life hacks. The topics ranged from how to open coconuts without tools to turning coal into diamonds using peanut butter.
In a statement Tuesday, YouTube said, “We’re deeply saddened to learn of the tragic loss of Grant Thompson, a gifted, passionate and endlessly curious creator,
“We send our deepest condolences to his loving family, The King of Random team and fans, ” YouTube continued.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Hazmat spill closes I-15 in Bluffdale
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources