The King of Random Grant Thompson went paragliding and was later found dead
ST. GEORGE — Jonathan Grant Thompson, 38, from Hurricane, Utah has died after a paragliding crash near Sand Hollow State Park.
Thompson was reported overdue by a friend and Hurricane police were then able to locate him thanks to the GPS capabilities of his cell phone.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. However, no foul play is suspected.
Thompson operated an extremely popular YouTube channel. “The King of Random” drew millions of people to videos that featured creative life hacks. The topics ranged from how to open coconuts without tools to turning coal into diamonds using peanut butter.
In a statement Tuesday, YouTube said, “We’re deeply saddened to learn of the tragic loss of Grant Thompson, a gifted, passionate and endlessly curious creator,
“We send our deepest condolences to his loving family, The King of Random team and fans, ” YouTube continued.
Today’s Top Stories
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map