Burglary suspect shot and killed at Roy medical clinic
ROY, Utah — A man is dead after police say he broke into to a Tanner Clinic office in the middle of the night.
Police say he was trying to get into a closed pharmacy at the clinic, at 3400 West and 5600 South in Roy. A woman who was cleaning the building says he came in with a bandana over his face.
She ran and barricaded herself in an office room and called the police.
Ogden Police say one of their K9 officers was called to help Roy Police. The dog began searching for the suspect when they say he attacked the officers with a knife and was shot and killed. An initial news release says the Ogden officer fired several rounds in self-defense.
UPDATE: Burglary suspect had a knife and showing “erratic behavior” after breaking into medical building, according to Roy Police. After being shot by an officer he was taken across the parking lot to the emergency room where he was pronounced dead @KSL5TV @kslnewsradio @KSLcom pic.twitter.com/hLB9NO981A
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) July 31, 2019
The suspect was taken across the parking lot to the Emergency Room where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the Weber County Attorney’s Office is conducting an investigation in keeping with Officer-Involved Shooting policy and protocols. Ogden police will update the media on the case later on Wednesday.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Monday morning commute could be affected by additional inches of snow
- Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
- Sandy Police officer involved in fatal shooting
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…