Woman, 107, shares her secret to longevity: ‘I never got married’
(CNN) — A woman who celebrated her 107th birthday on Wednesday shared her secret to living a long life: stay single.
Louise Signore, who lives in the Bronx in New York, maintains a healthy diet and exercises regularly. But she believes the real reason why she’s enjoyed more than a century is that she never tied the knot.
“If they have exercise, I do the exercise. If they have dancing, I dance. I still do a little dancing. After my lunch, I will play bingo, so I had a full day,” Signore told CNN affiliate WCBS.
“I think the secret of 107: I never got married. I think that’s the secret. My sister says, ‘I wish I never got married.'”
The woman’s sister is 102-years-old, WCBS reported, so longevity might run in the family.
Signore celebrated her milestone with a birthday party at the Bartow Community Center in Coop City, according to WCBS. More than 100 people attended.
Alelia Murphy, 114, currently holds the record for being the oldest living woman in the United States. Murphy lives in Harlem in New York, which is also where Signore was born.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…