10,000 bottles of beer on the road: German truck loses load
BERLIN (AP) — Police in Germany say a truck carrying crates of beer lost part of its load, spilling about 10,000 bottles onto a road in the southwest of the country.
Mannheim police said Saturday that volunteer firefighters from two nearby towns and a local civil defense team took part in the salvage operation, but an estimated 12,000 euros ($13,330) worth of beer was lost in the crash late Friday.
Police said the truck driver is being investigated for failing to properly secure his load.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Boy killed while playing “the fainting game” will be laid to rest Wednesday
- Satellite photo shows Chad Daybell property on likely day of child’s burial
- Death of Gunnison prison inmate could be homicide
- Rubio vows to oppose potential Hurricane Ian aid package if lawmakers ‘load it up with…