SALT LAKE CITY — A California man is under arrest following a weekend domestic violence charge. Court documents show 30-year-Yukiharo Kuroki grabbed his wife by the throat while she was holding a 2-year-old child. The assault occurred in front of witnesses at Salt Lake International Airport on August 9th.
Authorities say it all happened after a missed flight, over a rental car and luggage. Court documents show Kuroki grabbed the woman by the throat and shook her rapidly, which caused her to fall to the ground as she was carrying the child. The child is the biological son of the suspect and the victim. Both the woman and the child fell to the floor as the woman was attempting to protect the child during the assault.
The affidavit of probable cause states that witnesses to the assault jumped in to help, preventing Kuroki from causing any further harm until police arrived, at which time he was taken into custody. The woman suffered minor redness to her neck. Neither victim suffered any significant injuries, according to the report.
Kuroki is charged with child abuse/neglect and aggravated assault during the commission of domestic violence in the presence of a child.
- Step-father of missing Idaho kids speaks to ABC (pageviews: 8872)
- A YouTuber's fancy Bali vacation sure looked nice. Nope, the photos were taken in an Ikea (pageviews: 4364)
- Costco bans non-members from their food court (pageviews: 3635)
- 7-year-old girl dies during tonsil surgery (pageviews: 3429)
- A timeline of the missing Idaho children (pageviews: 2878)
- Volunteer cuddle program helps babies in the NICU (pageviews: 1746)
- 5-year-old Millcreek boy hit and killed (pageviews: 1455)
- Fatal rollover near Salt Lake airport (pageviews: 1083)