Orem Police arrest man for molesting two kids, say there may be more victims
OREM, Utah – Orem Police say 30-year-old Lincoln Gygi knew the children he’s accused of molesting.
A family member of one of the victims told KSLTV he had also ingratiated himself into their families.
“I mean, we’re still in shock. It’s surreal. He just seemed like there wasn’t a more trustworthy person. There were a couple of times that the kids went to church with him,” she said.
But Orem Police say Gygi got the children to take part in “dares” or “challenges” where all of them took off their clothes and ran around naked. Court documents say he would then get them to lie down before touching them.
He’s also accused of giving them expensive gifts and candy to get them to keep everything a secret.
Investigators believe the abuse happened between 10 and 20 times three years ago, but that the children only told their parents about everything last month. Court documents do not disclose their ages or connection to Gygi.
Police are interviewing another child who may have witnessed the abuse and are encouraging others who may have been abused to come forward. They are asking for any parents who recognize Gygi or if their children may have interacted with him to call 801-229-7070.
Today’s Top Stories
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Salt Lake City Police investigating shooting at Meadows Park
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- Search for wanted fugitive in Tooele is unsuccessful
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…