HARRISVILLE — The school year has only just begun for some children, but they’re already getting a day off at a charter school in Weber County after a garbage fire made the parking lot inaccessible.
The kitchen manager at GreenWood Charter school in Harrisville saw a garbage truck with flames coming out the back in the parking lot, school officials said.
The driver asked to dump the load on the pavement. When he did, the entire trash pile burst into flames.
The school canceled all classes for today as the parking lot is now unusable and it will take time to clean up the burned debris.
The fire is now out. No one was hurt.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings