HARRISVILLE — The school year has only just begun for some children, but they’re already getting a day off at a charter school in Weber County after a garbage fire made the parking lot inaccessible.
The kitchen manager at GreenWood Charter school in Harrisville saw a garbage truck with flames coming out the back in the parking lot, school officials said.
The driver asked to dump the load on the pavement. When he did, the entire trash pile burst into flames.
The school canceled all classes for today as the parking lot is now unusable and it will take time to clean up the burned debris.
The fire is now out. No one was hurt.
- Zombie raccoons in Provo? A warning from Provo PD... (pageviews: 20563)
- Friday: School delays and closures (pageviews: 14286)
- Long-time Jazz Bear speaks out for first time since firing (pageviews: 9400)
- 76,000 Utahns need gold star on driver's license (pageviews: 4255)
- Listen (pageviews: 3800)
- Snowmobile accident claims life of former Wasatch County rescuer (pageviews: 1871)
- Win $500 in Gas 3X a Day! (pageviews: 1481)
- Thousands of Gold Star IDs returned to DPS. Is yours one of them? (pageviews: 1355)
- Painted owl angers Utah wildlife officials (pageviews: 885)