ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. — Former NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt, Jr., and his entire family have escaped a fiery plane crash with only minor injuries.
I can confirm Dale, Amy & Isla along with his two pilots were involved in a crash in Bristol TN this afternoon. Everyone is safe and has been taken to the hospital for further evaluation. We have no further information at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
— Kelley Earnhardt (@EarnhardtKelley) August 15, 2019
NEW: Video shows thick, black smoke rising from the site of a small plane crash that was carrying Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and his family. Everyone on board, including Earnhardt, escaped the wreck, said the local sheriff. https://t.co/2nqljR6C5C pic.twitter.com/noizctpZVk
— ABC News (@ABC) August 15, 2019
Family members say the driver and his wife were on board with one child and the family dog, and two pilots, when the plane rolled off the end of the runway after landing in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
The Carter County sheriff confirmed everyone made it off the plane, and Earnhardt was the only person on board to be hospitalized with what’s being described as “cuts and abrasions.”
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) will investigate. Currently, there is no word on what caused the crash.
This story will be updated.
- Zombie raccoons in Provo? A warning from Provo PD... (pageviews: 20563)
- Friday: School delays and closures (pageviews: 14286)
- Long-time Jazz Bear speaks out for first time since firing (pageviews: 9400)
- 76,000 Utahns need gold star on driver's license (pageviews: 4255)
- Listen (pageviews: 3800)
- Snowmobile accident claims life of former Wasatch County rescuer (pageviews: 1871)
- Win $500 in Gas 3X a Day! (pageviews: 1481)
- Thousands of Gold Star IDs returned to DPS. Is yours one of them? (pageviews: 1355)
- Painted owl angers Utah wildlife officials (pageviews: 885)