Police continuing to investigate death of a woman late Thursday night
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police are investigating what they are calling a homicide on Thursday night. Lt. Jenn Dederich says the call came in about 4:51 pm of a woman bleeding from the head near the area of 51 North 800 West.
She was transported to the hospital and a short time later pronounced dead. Dederich says investigators believe there were two witnesses and one suspect, but that suspect was not immediately apprehended.
A woman in her thirties was found with a gunshot wound in the area of 800 W. North Temple. She was taken to a local hospital where she died.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) August 16, 2019
“We have suspects of interest, however, we do not have a suspect in custody currently. The female victim was talking with three males at the scene before a gunshot was heard. She was found with a gunshot wound to the head,” says Dederich.
She says the 30-year-old victim is identified but her name is not immediately being released pending notification of next of kin. Dederich says even though the suspect was at large late Thursday night, she does not believe anyone in the neighborhood was in any danger.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting