SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City police are investigating what they are calling a homicide on Thursday night. Lt. Jenn Dederich says the call came in about 4:51 pm of a woman bleeding from the head near the area of 51 North 800 West.
She was transported to the hospital and a short time later pronounced dead. Dederich says investigators believe there were two witnesses and one suspect, but that suspect was not immediately apprehended.
A woman in her thirties was found with a gunshot wound in the area of 800 W. North Temple. She was taken to a local hospital where she died.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) August 16, 2019
“We have suspects of interest, however, we do not have a suspect in custody currently. The female victim was talking with three males at the scene before a gunshot was heard. She was found with a gunshot wound to the head,” says Dederich.
She says the 30-year-old victim is identified but her name is not immediately being released pending notification of next of kin. Dederich says even though the suspect was at large late Thursday night, she does not believe anyone in the neighborhood was in any danger.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings