Hiker rescued off Mount Timpanogos
MOUNT TIMPANOGOS – A Utah County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue crew has rescued a 21-year-old hiker who became sick on Mount Timpanogos.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon says the man was meeting a fellow hiker and had made the summit, but started getting dehydrated as he went down the mountain around 9:00 pm last night.
“He was feeling dehydrated and nauseous and getting a little bit delirious, not really knowing where he was and what had happened,” Cannon says.
The other hiker called 911, and a helicopter was able to take them off the mountain around midnight as temperatures started dropping into the 40s.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers