MOUNT TIMPANOGOS – A Utah County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue crew has rescued a 21-year-old hiker who became sick on Mount Timpanogos.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon says the man was meeting a fellow hiker and had made the summit, but started getting dehydrated as he went down the mountain around 9:00 pm last night.
“He was feeling dehydrated and nauseous and getting a little bit delirious, not really knowing where he was and what had happened,” Cannon says.
The other hiker called 911, and a helicopter was able to take them off the mountain around midnight as temperatures started dropping into the 40s.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings