MOUNT TIMPANOGOS – A Utah County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue crew has rescued a 21-year-old hiker who became sick on Mount Timpanogos.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon says the man was meeting a fellow hiker and had made the summit, but started getting dehydrated as he went down the mountain around 9:00 pm last night.
“He was feeling dehydrated and nauseous and getting a little bit delirious, not really knowing where he was and what had happened,” Cannon says.
The other hiker called 911, and a helicopter was able to take them off the mountain around midnight as temperatures started dropping into the 40s.
- Zombie raccoons in Provo? A warning from Provo PD... (pageviews: 20563)
- Friday: School delays and closures (pageviews: 14286)
- Long-time Jazz Bear speaks out for first time since firing (pageviews: 9400)
- 76,000 Utahns need gold star on driver's license (pageviews: 4255)
- Listen (pageviews: 3800)
- Snowmobile accident claims life of former Wasatch County rescuer (pageviews: 1871)
- Win $500 in Gas 3X a Day! (pageviews: 1481)
- Thousands of Gold Star IDs returned to DPS. Is yours one of them? (pageviews: 1355)
- Painted owl angers Utah wildlife officials (pageviews: 885)