Hiker rescued off Mount Timpanogos
MOUNT TIMPANOGOS – A Utah County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue crew has rescued a 21-year-old hiker who became sick on Mount Timpanogos.
Sgt. Spencer Cannon says the man was meeting a fellow hiker and had made the summit, but started getting dehydrated as he went down the mountain around 9:00 pm last night.
“He was feeling dehydrated and nauseous and getting a little bit delirious, not really knowing where he was and what had happened,” Cannon says.
The other hiker called 911, and a helicopter was able to take them off the mountain around midnight as temperatures started dropping into the 40s.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Power outage in Murray leaves 4,943 customers without power
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- 1st death from Hurricane Ida; power out across New Orleans
- Utah well-represented during international gymnastics competition