BEAVER — The Utah Highway Patrol says that both directions of I-15 in Central Utah are now open. But earlier this afternoon, a fast-moving fire closed both directions of Interstate 15 from Beaver to I-70.
BOTH DIRECTIONS of I-15 are closed right now for about a 17-mile stretch because of a fire near the freeway in central Utah. NB traffic being forced off at MP 112 in Beaver, SB forced off at MP 129 just south of I-70. pic.twitter.com/PNsHUuakq4
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) August 22, 2019
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Andy Battenfield says UHP believes that the fire was sparked after a trailer carrying carnival rides detached from the truck and rolled into the brush sparking the fire.
Cpl. Battenfield says they believe the truck was traveling southbound when it rolled to the right.
(This story has been updated)
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings