BEAVER — The Utah Highway Patrol says that both directions of I-15 in Central Utah are now open. But earlier this afternoon, a fast-moving fire closed both directions of Interstate 15 from Beaver to I-70.
BOTH DIRECTIONS of I-15 are closed right now for about a 17-mile stretch because of a fire near the freeway in central Utah. NB traffic being forced off at MP 112 in Beaver, SB forced off at MP 129 just south of I-70. pic.twitter.com/PNsHUuakq4
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) August 22, 2019
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Andy Battenfield says UHP believes that the fire was sparked after a trailer carrying carnival rides detached from the truck and rolled into the brush sparking the fire.
Cpl. Battenfield says they believe the truck was traveling southbound when it rolled to the right.
(This story has been updated)
- Zombie raccoons in Provo? A warning from Provo PD... (pageviews: 20563)
- Friday: School delays and closures (pageviews: 14286)
- Long-time Jazz Bear speaks out for first time since firing (pageviews: 9400)
- 76,000 Utahns need gold star on driver's license (pageviews: 4255)
- Listen (pageviews: 3800)
- Snowmobile accident claims life of former Wasatch County rescuer (pageviews: 1871)
- Win $500 in Gas 3X a Day! (pageviews: 1481)
- Thousands of Gold Star IDs returned to DPS. Is yours one of them? (pageviews: 1355)
- Painted owl angers Utah wildlife officials (pageviews: 885)