I-15 now open, after being closed in both directions from Beaver to I-70
BEAVER — The Utah Highway Patrol says that both directions of I-15 in Central Utah are now open. But earlier this afternoon, a fast-moving fire closed both directions of Interstate 15 from Beaver to I-70.
BOTH DIRECTIONS of I-15 are closed right now for about a 17-mile stretch because of a fire near the freeway in central Utah. NB traffic being forced off at MP 112 in Beaver, SB forced off at MP 129 just south of I-70. pic.twitter.com/PNsHUuakq4
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) August 22, 2019
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Andy Battenfield says UHP believes that the fire was sparked after a trailer carrying carnival rides detached from the truck and rolled into the brush sparking the fire.
Cpl. Battenfield says they believe the truck was traveling southbound when it rolled to the right.
(This story has been updated)
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah