Millions of Contigo water bottles for kids recalled
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled millions of Contigo Kids Cleanable Water Bottles. The company says it’s received nearly 150 complaints from parents who have found the bottle’s silicone spout in their child’s mouth.
The USCPSC says the spout poses a choking hazard, and that the recalled bottles should be taken from children immediately.
Nearly 6 million bottles were sold in the U.S., Mexico and Canada. They were marketed in individual, two-pack, and three-pack containers. They come in 13 ounce, 14 ounce and 20 ounce sizes as well as in four colors.
Contigo says it will supply a free replacement lid for the faulty product. They point out also that only bottles with a black base and black cover over the clear silicon spout are included in the recall.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour