University of Utah ROTC cadet dies after collapsing
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah– A University of Utah student has died after she collapsed during Army ROTC training.
The University of Utah released a statement on the death of student and ROTC cadet Elva Torres.
According to the statement, Torres collapsed Monday morning on campus. Torres was transported to the University of Utah Hospital where she died Wednesday.
The cause of death has not been determined.
Elva Torres was a 23-year-old senior at the university, majoring in film and media studies.
Every year the university remembers the students who have passed during the school year in a campus memorial. The university will honor Cadet Torres at the annual memorial service organized by the Office of the Dean of Students in the spring.
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Utah’s Coordinated Action Plan for Water released this week
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints