TN man sues Popeye’s for $5,000 after chicken sandwiches run out
Hungry chicken fans around the country left Popeye’s restaurants empty-handed this week when the chain sold out of its new sandwich that has taken over social media.
One man was so angry he didn’t get it, that he’s suing the chain.
Craig Barr from East Ridge Tennessee filed a summons accusing Popeye’s of false advertising and deceptive business practices after he couldn’t get one of the new chicken sandwiches.
He says that he drove to several locations around his town only to be informed that there weren’t any more chicken sandwiches.
Barr claims that he even went so far as to respond to a Craigslist ad posted by someone saying they worked at the fast-food restaurant and was selling the sandwich on the down-low for $24.
He says he paid the money but never got his sandwich.
That ad is no longer online and police have not received any other reports of surreptitious sandwich selling.
The county gave Barr a court date of October 28th.
Barr is suing for $5,000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Authorities swat down rumors surrounding unsolved killings of 4 University of Idaho students