That’s a real deal on a cheese wheel: Costco is selling a 72-pound wheel of Parmigiano-Reggiano
(CNN) — Costco is reinventing the wheel. The wheel of cheese, that is.
Customers who are looking for a really, really “grate” deal on cheese can head to the bulk shopping chain’s website for a 72-pound wheel of imported Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
The wheel weighs about as much as 90 cans of Coca-Cola, or 220 apples.
At $899.99, the wheel of cheese doesn’t come cheap — but no matter how you slice it, it will still save you money in the end. The Costco cheese works out to 78 cents per ounce. Regular 7-ounce wedges of Parmigiano-Reggiano at the supermarket can cost around $1.30 per ounce or more.
The website lists the three main features of the cheese: It’s aged 24 months, imported from Italy and “extravagant.”
Online reviewers seem to agree with that last part. Many said they bought or received it as a gift. One said he bought it for his son’s wedding reception, and after eating some of it, guests took home wedges as party favors.
And if it turns out the cheese is more than you can eat, it can always be turned into a table for the glass of wine you meant to pair with the cheese but never did.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury