SALT LAKE CITY — Logan, the home of Utah State University, has been named the best college town in Utah.
The kudos came from Reviews.org, a research organization that, according to their webpage, puts in hours of research in order to recommend the best products to their readers.
In this case, the product is the best college town in Utah. And their recommendation is Logan.
To find each state’s best college town, Reviews.org narrowed their list down to cities with fewer than 250,000 residents. That includes the metro areas that surround the college towns.
Then, using data from the Census Bureau and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they analyzed the overall population and the student population. They looked at rental costs, the cost of a college education in the town and the number of transportation options. The unemployment rate was also a factor, as well as bar availability.
Next, Reviews.org looked at the cost of living and the unemployment rates specific to those aged 20 to 24.
Logan, Utah stayed on their lists through each of these review layers. That’s despite the fact that Logan wasn’t even in the top ten on Review.org’s “Nightlife and Fun,” category.
Logan was in the top ten in at least two other categories, however. Those are student employment and the cost of living.
- Coronavirus: Utah man in isolation after testing positive (pageviews: 1688)
- Church spends nearly $1 billion in humanitarian, welfare aid, leaders say (pageviews: 1502)
- Boys anonymously buy Valentines for every girl in their grade at Farmington Jr High (pageviews: 916)
- Mylar balloon: don't let it go! (pageviews: 822)
- Boy Scouts file for bankruptcy due to sex-abuse lawsuits (pageviews: 801)
- Mike Bloomberg gains 2 Utah campaign co-chairs (pageviews: 735)
- Fugitive, K9 officer killed in officer involved shooting (pageviews: 730)
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out it's from 2004 (pageviews: 678)