UTAH COUNTY, Utah — The Utah County Health Department has confirmed a human case of West Nile Virus.
This comes after county officials found that the virus was present in mosquito populations at the end of August.
County officials say that this is the first human case of the virus in Utah County since 2017.
DRAIN standing water
DAWN and DUSK are times to avoid being outside
DRESS appropriately by wearing long sleeves and pants when outside
DEFEND yourself by using insect repellent with DEET
DOOR and window screens should be in good working condition
DISTRICT personnel are available to address mosquito concerns. Call 801-851-7637 or fill out a service request form online at: http://goo.gl/Yi1yKs. You may also visit the mosquito abatement website for more information. http://bit.ly/UCHDMosquito
The person who has been infected with the virus has not been identified.
- Davis School District details plans for fall reopening (pageviews: 13948)
- UPDATE: Four people killed in plane crash are identified | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 10004)
- A different kind of fireworks: look to the skies for July 4 F35 flyover (pageviews: 4872)
- A different kind of fireworks: look to the skies for July 4 F35 flyover | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4288)
- US surgeons successfully perform double lung transplant on Covid-19 patient for first time | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3730)
- Davis School District details plans for fall reopening | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3532)
- UPDATE: Four people killed in plane crash are identified (pageviews: 2532)
- The bubonic plague is back again in China's Inner Mongolia (pageviews: 2001)