SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Nathan Daniel Vogel was sentenced Wednesday to three years of supervised release. He’s the man who loaned a firearm to another man who reportedly killed University of Utah student-athlete Lauren McCluskey
At a hearing on Wednesday, Vogel, 22, said he accepts responsibility for loaning the weapon to McCluskey’s ex-boyfriend Melvin Rowland. Vogel says he “shakes” when he thinks about McCluskey’s death, which he called extremely sad.
Federal prosecutor Carlos Esqueda says McCluskey’s parents were consulted and agreed to the terms of the sentence.
McCluskey and Rowland had briefly dated but broke up before he shot her outside her dorm at the U. of U. last year.
- Step-father of missing Idaho kids speaks to ABC (pageviews: 8872)
- A YouTuber's fancy Bali vacation sure looked nice. Nope, the photos were taken in an Ikea (pageviews: 4364)
- Costco bans non-members from their food court (pageviews: 3635)
- 7-year-old girl dies during tonsil surgery (pageviews: 3429)
- A timeline of the missing Idaho children (pageviews: 2878)
- Volunteer cuddle program helps babies in the NICU (pageviews: 1746)
- 5-year-old Millcreek boy hit and killed (pageviews: 1455)
- Fatal rollover near Salt Lake airport (pageviews: 1083)