SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Nathan Daniel Vogel was sentenced Wednesday to three years of supervised release. He’s the man who loaned a firearm to another man who reportedly killed University of Utah student-athlete Lauren McCluskey
At a hearing on Wednesday, Vogel, 22, said he accepts responsibility for loaning the weapon to McCluskey’s ex-boyfriend Melvin Rowland. Vogel says he “shakes” when he thinks about McCluskey’s death, which he called extremely sad.
Federal prosecutor Carlos Esqueda says McCluskey’s parents were consulted and agreed to the terms of the sentence.
McCluskey and Rowland had briefly dated but broke up before he shot her outside her dorm at the U. of U. last year.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings