NAVAJO COUNTY, Arizona — The two fugitives wanted that escaped authorities in Utah have been captured in Arizona
56-year-old Blane Barksdale and 59-year-old Susan Barksdale escaped custody near the Arizona Utah state line on Aug. 26th and were able to avoid capture until yesterday.
The couple was in US Marshall custody and being extradited across the country from New York to face charges in the murder of 72-year-old Frank Bligh. Tucson Police said that Bligh’s home caught fire and then exploded in April. His car was found abandoned the next day.
David Gonzales, the U.S. Marshal for Arizona, said that that the couple was able to escape custody after Susan Barksdale faked a medical emergency. When the transport van pulled over they overpowered the two guards that were transporting them and drove the van into Arizona.
It was there that Gonzales said that they were able to obtain a red GMC pickup truck.
The Navajo County Sheriff’s Office reported late Wednesday night that the Barksdale’s were located and taken into custody without incident.
- Smith's limiting number of customers in store, closing early Easter Sunday (pageviews: 11015)
- Catch this week's supermoon, biggest and brightest of year (pageviews: 4236)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci impressed with Utah response to COVID-19, state to train more in contact tracing (pageviews: 4013)
- Emergency responders urge tourists to stay home after rescue in Emery County (pageviews: 3385)
- Five additional coronavirus deaths reported in Utah (pageviews: 2066)
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend (pageviews: 1595)
- Antibody testing one step closer to tackling COVID-19 in Utah (pageviews: 1375)
- Salt Lake County Mayor considers extending stay home order to Memorial Day or longer (pageviews: 1069)