Fugitives who escaped in Utah captured in Arizona
NAVAJO COUNTY, Arizona — The two fugitives wanted that escaped authorities in Utah have been captured in Arizona
56-year-old Blane Barksdale and 59-year-old Susan Barksdale escaped custody near the Arizona Utah state line on Aug. 26th and were able to avoid capture until yesterday.
The couple was in US Marshall custody and being extradited across the country from New York to face charges in the murder of 72-year-old Frank Bligh. Tucson Police said that Bligh’s home caught fire and then exploded in April. His car was found abandoned the next day.
David Gonzales, the U.S. Marshal for Arizona, said that that the couple was able to escape custody after Susan Barksdale faked a medical emergency. When the transport van pulled over they overpowered the two guards that were transporting them and drove the van into Arizona.
It was there that Gonzales said that they were able to obtain a red GMC pickup truck.
The Navajo County Sheriff’s Office reported late Wednesday night that the Barksdale’s were located and taken into custody without incident.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse