GUNNISON, Utah — Police say a Utah man raped a girl he met during an Internet challenge.
It was the “number neighbor challenge,” where you text the cell phone number that’s a number up or down from yours.
Police in Gunnison, in Sanpete County, say 19-year-old Isaac Alonso sent a text to the father of the victim, who was his number neighbor. The man asked his 16-year-old daughter what the challenge was all about. She started texting back to Alonso and found out they had friends in common.
Charging documents say Alonso invited her to go to a convenience store to grab a drink and talk. But instead, he drove her to the hills east of Ephraim and raped her.
Charging documents say the father confronted Alonso on the phone, who then responded that he couldn’t go back to jail and tried to tell the girl to say it was consensual.
He’s now scheduled to be in court for this case on October 2nd.
- Coronavirus: Utah man in isolation after testing positive (pageviews: 1688)
- Church spends nearly $1 billion in humanitarian, welfare aid, leaders say (pageviews: 1502)
- Boys anonymously buy Valentines for every girl in their grade at Farmington Jr High (pageviews: 916)
- Mylar balloon: don't let it go! (pageviews: 822)
- Boy Scouts file for bankruptcy due to sex-abuse lawsuits (pageviews: 801)
- Mike Bloomberg gains 2 Utah campaign co-chairs (pageviews: 735)
- Fugitive, K9 officer killed in officer involved shooting (pageviews: 730)
- Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One NASCAR photo after people point out it's from 2004 (pageviews: 678)