GUNNISON, Utah — Police say a Utah man raped a girl he met during an Internet challenge.
It was the “number neighbor challenge,” where you text the cell phone number that’s a number up or down from yours.
Police in Gunnison, in Sanpete County, say 19-year-old Isaac Alonso sent a text to the father of the victim, who was his number neighbor. The man asked his 16-year-old daughter what the challenge was all about. She started texting back to Alonso and found out they had friends in common.
Charging documents say Alonso invited her to go to a convenience store to grab a drink and talk. But instead, he drove her to the hills east of Ephraim and raped her.
Charging documents say the father confronted Alonso on the phone, who then responded that he couldn’t go back to jail and tried to tell the girl to say it was consensual.
He’s now scheduled to be in court for this case on October 2nd.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings