Project Homeless Connect
What if you didn’t have enough money for a haircut? Or a flu shot? What if you only had a bike for transportation and the chain broke, but you couldn’t afford to repair it? Project Homeless Connect is a one-day, one-stop event in Salt Lake City that brings together community volunteers to provide services for individuals and families at risk of or experiencing homelessness.
This is an annual event created by the Community Development Corporation of Utah to build a stronger community and alleviate the burdens of poverty and financial insecurity.
This event provides immediate connection to significant services and creates community-wide involvement. Those who attend can receive medical and dental care, employment assistance, and so much more. It will be held at the Salt Palace Convention Center on Friday, October 25 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. If you know someone who can provide a needed service, or would like to volunteer or donate, please visit phcslc.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the human services provided by Project Homeless Connect as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song