Robinson’s INT sets up Toledo’s winning TD in 28-21 victory
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Kahlil Robinson’s 40-yard interception return to the BYU 2-yard line in the final minute set up Shakif Seymour’s touchdown run to rally Toledo to a 28-21 victory on Saturday.
Robinson’s pick of a Zach Wilson pass came immediately after BYU’s Chaz Ah You stripped the ball from Rockets running back Bryant Koback and recovered it at the Cougars 20.
Koback’s 1-yard score tied the score at 21 early in the fourth quarter, capping a nine-play, 70-yard drive.
With Wilson out of the game in the final minute, backup Jaren Hall directed the Cougars to the Toledo 32 before his pass went beyond the end zone on the game’s final play.
BYU coach Kalani Sitake said after the game that Wilson suffered an injury to his throwing hand and expected the quarterback to miss some playing time.
Mitchell Guadagni threw for 206 yards with a touchdown and an interception for Toledo (3-1), which has won three straight.
Wilson was 22 of 38 for 315 yards and two scores, both to Aleva Hifo. Hifo caught five passes for 111 yards and two scores including a 75-yarder for BYU (2-3).
Today’s Top Stories
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- Expert gives tips on conquering your downward social media scroll
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient