Herriman girl found unresponsive in bath tub has died
HERRIMAN — Police on Saturday confirmed that a 10-year old girl, whose mother said she found unresponsive in the bathtub of her home has died.
Police on Thursday were called to a home near 12500 South and Moonlight Hill Court shortly after 11:00 A.M.
The girl’s mother told police the child had not been feeling well. She put her in the bathtub, then found her face down in the water when she returned to check on the girl.
Paramedics called a medical helicopter to rush her to the hospital, but police say she died Friday evening.
“This remains an active investigation pending any findings by the Office of the Medical Examiner as is standard practice in the State of Utah,” a release stated. “There is no information to indicate that this was anything other than a tragic accident.”
Police say they will not release the girl’s identification, or any further information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- A Black football player told another teen not to call him the n-word. He was ejected
- Child porn investigation leads to meth discovery, closure of Sandy daycare
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- Gov. Cox proposes investment to protect, manage Great Salt Lake
- Emmett Till’s investigation closed, no justice for his family
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Diplomatic boycott doesn’t change Salt Lake City’s bid for future winter games
- Parents knowingly sent their child to school after they tested positive for Covid-19, 75…