Herriman girl found unresponsive in bath tub has died
HERRIMAN — Police on Saturday confirmed that a 10-year old girl, whose mother said she found unresponsive in the bathtub of her home has died.
Police on Thursday were called to a home near 12500 South and Moonlight Hill Court shortly after 11:00 A.M.
The girl’s mother told police the child had not been feeling well. She put her in the bathtub, then found her face down in the water when she returned to check on the girl.
Paramedics called a medical helicopter to rush her to the hospital, but police say she died Friday evening.
“This remains an active investigation pending any findings by the Office of the Medical Examiner as is standard practice in the State of Utah,” a release stated. “There is no information to indicate that this was anything other than a tragic accident.”
Police say they will not release the girl’s identification, or any further information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- Transgender girls can compete in Utah with commission approval after judge pauses ban
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- July’s unemployment remains steady
- ‘Multiple casualties’ reported after two planes collide over California airport,…
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide