Police: Utah man sexually abused children, drugged food
OREM, Utah (AP) — An Orem man has been charged with rape and child abuse after authorities say he repeatedly sexually abused three young children and drugged their food.
The Daily Herald reports 34-year-old Adam Jay Moore was charged on September 25 with rape, several counts of sexual abuse, child abuse and related crimes.
Court documents state Moore sexually assaulted the children several times between 2011 and 2014. They were all under the age of 10.
Authorities say Moore put alcohol in the children’s sippy cups and fed them pancakes with drugs in them.
Charges state he also forced the children to watch pornography videos and threatened to kill one of them if they told anyone about the abuse.
An attorney listed for Moore did not immediately return calls and emails seeking comment.
Today’s Top Stories
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces the construction of 18 new temples
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- NWS issues severe thunderstorm warning in Grand County
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- First freedoms: The interconnectedness of First Amendment rights
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring