Police: Utah man sexually abused children, drugged food
OREM, Utah (AP) — An Orem man has been charged with rape and child abuse after authorities say he repeatedly sexually abused three young children and drugged their food.
The Daily Herald reports 34-year-old Adam Jay Moore was charged on September 25 with rape, several counts of sexual abuse, child abuse and related crimes.
Court documents state Moore sexually assaulted the children several times between 2011 and 2014. They were all under the age of 10.
Authorities say Moore put alcohol in the children’s sippy cups and fed them pancakes with drugs in them.
Charges state he also forced the children to watch pornography videos and threatened to kill one of them if they told anyone about the abuse.
An attorney listed for Moore did not immediately return calls and emails seeking comment.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?