(CNN) — Two associates of Rudy Giuliani connected to efforts to dig up dirt in Ukraine on Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden were arrested Wednesday on criminal charges for violating campaign finance rules, according to a spokesman for the Southern District of New York.
Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas were detained Dulles airport outside of Washington and are expected to appear in court in Virginia on Thursday.
The investigation was conducted by the SDNY.
The Wall Street Journal first reported the arrests.
Parnas was Giuliani’s fixer in Ukraine, introducing him to current and former officials as far back as 2018, according to CNN’s reporting.
They gave hundreds of thousands in donations to a Trump-allied super PAC, according to the Miami Herald.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 82887)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 10604)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 10297)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 5392)
- Former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan has died (pageviews: 4328)
- Utah to move into next phase of coronavirus plan, state leaders confirm | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3668)
- No pool? No problem. With Swimply, you can rent one (pageviews: 3138)
- Police say woman killed after meeting a man on a Tinder date (pageviews: 2417)