Two Giuliani associates arrested for violating campaign finance rules
(CNN) — Two associates of Rudy Giuliani connected to efforts to dig up dirt in Ukraine on Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden were arrested Wednesday on criminal charges for violating campaign finance rules, according to a spokesman for the Southern District of New York.
Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas were detained Dulles airport outside of Washington and are expected to appear in court in Virginia on Thursday.
The investigation was conducted by the SDNY.
The Wall Street Journal first reported the arrests.
Parnas was Giuliani’s fixer in Ukraine, introducing him to current and former officials as far back as 2018, according to CNN’s reporting.
They gave hundreds of thousands in donations to a Trump-allied super PAC, according to the Miami Herald.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- SWAT team responds to Herriman area
- Russian media: Griner pleads guilty in Russia drugs trial
- Polarization is behind US mass shootings, says psychiatrist
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigns after mutiny in his party
- Two children hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in South Jordan
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought