SALT LAKE CITY — The Transportation Security Administration, or TSA, says too many people are trying to fly out of Salt Lake with guns in their carry-on luggage. They’ve found seven guns in seven days.
According to a TSA spokesperson, the agency has never seen this many firearms in a consecutive number of days at Salt Lake International Airport.
TSA screeners say they found handguns, magazines and ammunition in people’s carry-on bags as they went through the security checkpoint.
TSA rules allow guns and ammo in checked baggage, but not carry-ons. They’re reminding travelers to double-check carry-on bags before going through security.
So far in 2019, the TSA seized 65 firearms at Salt Lake International.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings