SALT LAKE CITY — The Transportation Security Administration, or TSA, says too many people are trying to fly out of Salt Lake with guns in their carry-on luggage. They’ve found seven guns in seven days.
According to a TSA spokesperson, the agency has never seen this many firearms in a consecutive number of days at Salt Lake International Airport.
TSA screeners say they found handguns, magazines and ammunition in people’s carry-on bags as they went through the security checkpoint.
TSA rules allow guns and ammo in checked baggage, but not carry-ons. They’re reminding travelers to double-check carry-on bags before going through security.
So far in 2019, the TSA seized 65 firearms at Salt Lake International.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 82887)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 10604)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 10297)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 5392)
- Former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan has died (pageviews: 4328)
- Utah to move into next phase of coronavirus plan, state leaders confirm | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3668)
- No pool? No problem. With Swimply, you can rent one (pageviews: 3138)
- Police say woman killed after meeting a man on a Tinder date (pageviews: 2417)