University of Utah to host Vice Presidential Debate
SALT LAKE CITY — The Commission on Presidential Debates announced on Friday that the University of Utah will play host to a Vice Presidential Debate next October.
The debate will be held at Kingsbury Hall at 7 PM on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, and will run for 90 minutes. This is the first time a national debate has been held in Utah.
The debate commission announced four general election debates: three presidential debates and one vice presidential debate.
The first general election presidential debate will be held on Sept. 29, 2020, at the University of Notre Dame. The second debate will then be held at the University of Michigan on October 13, and finally at Belmont University in Nashville, TN on October 22.
Utah is the only western state that will host any of the general election debates.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Some Utah areas see slight drop in drought levels
- Police arrest suspect in West Valley hit-and-run that killed 11-year-old boy
- CEO and President of Intermountain Healthcare announces resignation
- Alpine School District restricts 52 library books
- Delivery truck crashed into four parked cars, Salt Lake City Police say
- Tomato trouble: Why tomato plants failed this year
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Art In The Park: A Fun Summer Tradition Returns To Liberty Park
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it