TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Jordan Cronkrite ran for 158 yards and two touchdowns and South Florida rallied in the fourth quarter to beat BYU 27-23 on Saturday.
The Cougars led 16-7 at halftime before Cronkrite ran it in from a yard out to reduce the margin. BYU responded with a 5-play, 70-yard drive in a little under two minutes and led 23-14 after Jaren Hall’s 29-yard TD run.
Early in the fourth, the Bulls’ (3-3) Jordan McCloud ran it in from two yards out. Cronkrite closed out the scoring with a 3-yard run.
South Florida stiffened on defense after Hall’s touchdown. First, the Cougars went three-and-out and gained a yard.
BYU picked off South Florida on its next possession but went minus-8 yards in four plays before fumbling the ball away.
A BYU missed field goal followed and the Cougars’ final two possessions resulted in turnovers on downs.
Hall led BYU (2-4) with 148 yards passing and 83 yards rushing.
- Step-father of missing Idaho kids speaks to ABC (pageviews: 14083)
- Costco bans non-members from their food court (pageviews: 12840)
- 7-year-old girl dies during tonsil surgery (pageviews: 6058)
- A YouTuber's fancy Bali vacation sure looked nice. Nope, the photos were taken in an Ikea (pageviews: 4588)
- A timeline of the missing Idaho children (pageviews: 3107)
- Volunteer cuddle program helps babies in the NICU (pageviews: 1790)
- Mom of missing kids waives extradition; bail stays at $5M (pageviews: 1689)
- 5-year-old Millcreek boy hit and killed (pageviews: 1503)