6 people hospitalized after being shot in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA, PA (CNN) — Six people, ranging from 14 to 27 years old, are being treated in a Philadelphia hospital after being shot, police said.
A 911 call came in Sunday evening reporting “gunshots and several victims,” Philadelphia police said.
“At 8th Street and Clearfield Street on the highway at approximately 5:24 p.m., E-911 received a call for gunshots and several victims shot on the highway,” Philadelphia police said in an emailed statement, adding that there are “currently 6 victims at Temple University Hospital.”
Four of the victims are in stable condition, Philadelphia police said.
A 21-year-old man was shot once in the left shoulder and is in stable condition. A 22-year-old man was shot once in the chest and is also stable.
A 14-year-old boy, shot once in the right hand, is now stable and a 27-year-old man was shot once in the right hip and once in the right foot and is now also stable.
Two 20-year-old men were shot but their condition is unknown, police said.
An arrest has not yet been made and a weapon hasn’t been recovered, police said.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested