SWAT standoff ends peacefully after police say man assaulted child and shot at neigbor
MILLCREEK, Utah — Police say they have a man is in custody after a standoff in Millcreek where they say he assaulted a child and fired several rounds at a neighbor.
Detective Kevin Mallory with Unified Police said they received a call shortly after 3 pm in the Doreen Street area in Millcreek that a man had “confronted some juveniles that were riding their bikes in the area, and during that confrontation between the juveniles and the adult male, an assault occurred on one of the children.”
Mallory said that after that confrontation and assault one of the parents of the children involved came outside to intervene when the first man pulled out a handgun and fired several shots at the parent before barricading himself inside his home.
A SWAT team was called in to negotiate with the man and after several hours the SWAT team was able to arrest the man without incident.
“We had a lot of good help on our neighbors here, who were able to give us some good information,” Mallory said.
The man’s name has not been released at the time of writing.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Church of Jesus Christ announces hack affecting community members’ personal data