Inmate flees drug treatment program in Salt Lake City
PROVO, Utah (AP) — Authorities say a Utah County Jail inmate enrolled in a residential drug treatment program has gone missing in Salt Lake City.
The Daily Herald in Provo reported Monday that 26-year-old Ryan Thomas Miller, of Orem, was last seen at the Odyssey House of Utah.
Authorities say the Utah County Jail inmate recently enrolled in the substance abuse treatment program.
He was able to remove a GPS ankle monitor.
Miller was only permitted to leave a jail in Spanish Fork to participate in the court-ordered program.
He has been in custody for charges of possession of a controlled substance as well as several counts of theft, attempted possession of credit card and forgery.
He now faces an additional charge of escape.
Information from: The Daily Herald, http://www.heraldextra.com
Today’s Top Stories
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc