Police identify woman found dead at Midvale Motel 6
MIDVALE, Utah — Unified Police identified a woman found dead at Motel 6 in Midvale Tuesday as Lynette Fay Pearse, a 66-year-old Midvale resident.
They did not offer any additional details about the woman’s identity or how she died.
A housekeeper found Pearse’s body around 1 p.m. Tuesday, police said. Police said they saw no obvious signs of trauma, but planned to treat her death as a homicide.
“In the event that this turns out to be a homicide, we want to have everything we potentially need,” said UPD Sgt. Melody Gray.
Police questioned guests at the motel, located at 7263 Catalpa St., as well as Motel 6 staff, as part of the investigation. As of Tuesday, they did not know if Pearse was registered for the room in which she was found.
The Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office is conducting an autopsy.
Contributing: Kelli Pierce
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury