Utah woman loses 83 pounds while husband is deployed
SALT LAKE CITY — A soldier’s homecoming included a big surprise, but not in the way you think. Marci Cornaby surprised her husband with a major weight loss win while he was deployed.
Sergeant First Class Thomas Cornaby broke out with a huge smile when he caught sight of his wife waiting by baggage claim at Terminal 1.
“She looks outstanding! But she’s always looked good,” he told KSL.
They hugged and laughed and she told him how much weight she lost over the last ten months.
“83 pounds, my dear!” said Marci.
“Wow,” he responded, “That’s like a whole person!”
Thomas Cornaby was deployed to Poland and Germany, doing public affairs for the Army Reserves. This was his 4th deployment.
They would text, call and FaceTime and he knew she was working on being healthier, but he was still surprised.
“It’s amazing, it’s amazing. I would have taken her anyway. This is good; it’s good for her, it’s good for everybody,” he said.
They say they now plan to stay healthy together.
“Tom really likes bike riding, and so I want to ride bikes with him. One thing I’ve started doing is walking the dog every day. Now we can walk the dog together,” said Marci.
Marci says her fourth-grade students in American Fork encouraged her and helped her count down to the homecoming day.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police seeking help in locating missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address