2 dead in Farmington after car going wrong way causes crash
FARMINGTON, Utah (AP) — Authorities say two people are dead after a head-on collision in Farmington involving a vehicle traveling in the wrong direction.
Utah Highway Patrol officials say the crash occurred on Legacy Parkway around 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
They say the driver of the vehicle going the wrong way and a passenger were taken to a hospital for treatment and a male passenger in the back seat was declared dead at the scene.
Authorities say a female passenger in the other vehicle also was killed with the driver was in critical condition after being extricated from the sedan.
Highway Patrol officials say it’s still unclear if the driver of the car going the wrong way was impaired or had a medical condition that led to the crash, which remains under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- USU making history with a radio entering the lunar orbit