Zions Bank will lay off employees and close some branches
SALT LAKE CITY, UT — Zions Bank plans to lay off five percent of its workforce.
The news came today during the bank’s 3rd quarter earnings phone call.
The layoffs will span across the 11 states in which Zions does business, and most of those employees who are laid off will stay at work through the end of the 2019.
Zions has about 10,000 employees in 11 states. The layoffs will affect approximately 500 employees in Utah.
The bank announced earlier this year that one of its locations in Sandy would close, and according to the director of investor relations, that will be the only branch in Utah that will close.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead