Electrical fire cancels class at Union Middle School
SANDY, Utah — Classes at Union Middle School in Sandy have been canceled Thursday after a small electrical fire broke out in the school around 5 AM.
Canyons School District Spokesman Jeff Haney says that classes will be canceled Thursday as they work to make sure that all the smoke and potential carbon monoxide is cleared from the school.
Haney says that the fire caused “minimal damage” and that classes should resume as normal tomorrow.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Expert gives tips on conquering your downward social-media scroll
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary