Big Brothers Big Sisters
For over a century, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been helping change kids’ perspectives and giving them the opportunity to reach their potential. In Utah, they help children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better through mentoring.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah engages children by reaching out to partners to identify children ages 6-18 who want and need a mentor. They connect them with the perfect match, someone with similar interests, and facilitate relationships through one-to-one outings and activities that include working on a school project together, going to a museum, listening to music, and so much more.
This program increases self-confidence, positively impacts educational outcomes, help make better decisions, avoid risky behaviors, and thrive in life. You can invest in a child’s future by donating or becoming a mentor by visiting bbbsu.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the supportive services provided by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished