Utes set NCAA record in 94-point win
SALT LAKE CITY — The Runnin’ Utes of the University of Utah broke an NCAA record Friday night, with a 94-point win over Mississippi Valley State’s Delta Devils at the Huntsman Center.
🚨 NEW NCAA RECORD 🚨
Utah’s 94-point margin of victory is the highest ever over a D-1 opponent. 😱 pic.twitter.com/aKDZTsQrbn
— NCAA March Madness (@marchmadness) November 9, 2019
Still undefeated! 🔥@UtahMBB had a NIGHT to say the least. They had a PR of most points scored in a single game with 143 points. They beat Mississippi Valley State 143 to 49. pic.twitter.com/lfBiGX8Hu4
— Pac-12 Network (@Pac12Network) November 9, 2019
The final score, 143 – 49, shattered the college basketball league’s record for margin-of-victory in a Division 1 game. It was also the most points ever scored by the Utes in a game, the NCAA said.
ESPN reported two Utah players had triple-doubles Friday: freshman Rylan Jones and sophomore Both Gach. It wasn’t immediately clear whether that might also be a first; the network said it was the first time that had happened for a Division 1 team in at least 20 years.
The Utah Utes had 2 players with triple-doubles tonight, the 1st time a D-I team has done that in a game over the last 20 seasons.
The Utah Jazz have gone 923 games without a triple-double, the longest such streak since rebounds were first recorded (1950-51). @EliasSports
— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) November 9, 2019
The win keeps the Utes undefeated on the season so far. Utah enjoys a few days off before facing Minnesota in Salt Lake City on Friday, Nov. 15.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12-year-old girl in critical condition after getting hit by parade car in Kaysville
- Manhunt underway for gunman after mass shooting at July 4th parade in Highland Park, Illinois
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Silver alert activated in American Fork, missing possibly in Wendover
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday night’s shooting