10 Democratic candidates qualify for presidential debate in Atlanta
ATLANTA (AP) — Ten Democratic candidates will be on stage for next Wednesday’s presidential debate in Atlanta.
The Democratic National Committee has confirmed the participants who have met polling and grassroots fundraising thresholds.
They are: former Vice President Joe Biden; New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker; Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Indiana; Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard; California Sen. Kamala Harris; Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar; Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders; billionaire activist Tom Steyer of California; Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren; and entrepreneur Andrew Yang of New York.
That means there’ll be two fewer candidates on stage than there were for the October debate in Ohio.
Former Obama administration housing chief Julián Castro is among the candidates who have fallen short of the benchmarks for this latest debate.
Today’s Top Stories
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Coronavirus Prevention
- What can the Layton dog bite teach us about free speech?
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting